Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oakland Tribune: Cal Bears have been talking about Jackson

Sophomore wide receiver gives team a second game-breaker

By Dave Newhouse, STAFF WRITER

BERKELEYCal has two game-breakers with that uncanny ability to make something out of nothing. Besides Marshawn Lynch, there's DeSean Jackson.  "It's kind of weird, man," Jackson said. "It's something that I've always had, that instinct when I get the ball, the end zone lights up for me.

"Honestly, I watch film, and some of the things I do, I don't know how I did it. It's just reaction."  That was evident in the 2005 Las Vegas Bowl when both Jackson's and Lynch's fingerprints, and footprints, were all over Cal's 35-28 win over BYU.  Lynch scored three times and Jackson twice to account for all of Cal's touchdowns. Lynch rushed for 194 yards, and Jackson caught six passes for 130 yards. But statistics don't always reveal athletic brilliance.

Read the article here.

 

No comments: