Sunday, August 20, 2006

Stockton Record: Local products expect big things this season

Bob Highfill

Hawkins, Deemer want to be more than role players

BERKELEY - Former Edison High wide receiver Lavelle Hawkins and ex-Tokay High and Delta College offensive lineman Bryan Deemer are prepared to help Cal's high-powered offense this season. The Bears have gained a lot of attention thus far and even stole some first-place votes from four-time defending champion USC in the Pac-10 preseason media poll. Hawkins, a junior, and Deemer, a senior, are expected to help Cal in its quest for a conference title and a trip to the Rose Bowl. "I got a year under my belt and I played a fair amount last year," said Hawkins, a transfer from City College of San Francisco who was third at Cal last season with 18 receptions for 171 yards and one touchdown in nine games. "This year, I got some big plans, not just for me, but for all of the wide-outs."

Read the entire article here.

 

No comments: