Wednesday, October 18, 2006

SF Chronicle: Longshore mission is to stay with Bears

Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer

Nate Longshore confirmed Tuesday a Web rumor that he and Cal coach Jeff Tedford have discussed timetables for a Mormon mission, but the sophomore quarterback denied making a decision as to when or if he'd leave school.  "I'm definitely going to go at some point, but timing is really the issue," said Longshore, whose family has been a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for two generations. "I'm not quite sure when I'll go, but it's definitely something I want to do in my life."  Longshore's brother, Eric, who is a lineman at BYU, did his three-year mission in the Philippines.  Some go on missions before college, but Longshore was a young high school graduate and couldn't have gone before turning 19. The other options would be to interrupt his Cal career or wait until after college.

Read the entire article here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about this, too. Longshore will be an NFL candidate when he's done at Cal. I wouldn't be surprised if his career is interupted, perhaps before his senior year.