California's depth chart will be distributed on Monday, but here's a look at some of the interesting changes from spring.
- Nyan Boateng is now Marvin Jones' backup at Z receiver. He was the No. 1 X -- flanker -- coming out of spring.
- Verran Tucker is No. 1 at the X.
- The guards are Matt Summers-Gavin and Justin Cheadle. They were Mark Boskovich and Chet Teofilo after spring.
- Anthony Miller is No. 1 at tight end because Tad Smith is out with a knee injury.
- Brian Holley won the fullback job.
- The depth chart doesn't list a slot receiver as it did before, when Alex Lagemann and Charles Satchell were Nos. 1 and 2. True freshman Isi Sofele is probably in the mix there.
- The linebackers are Eddie Young and Mike Mohamed on the outside and D.J. Holt and Mychal Kendricks inside. Mohamed was inside after spring and Devin Bishop is now a backup inside after being No. 1 outside.
- The starting secondary remains the same, but Jesse Brooks is a backup safety -- instead of D.J. Campbell --- and Josh Hill is Darian Hagan's backup instead of Chris Conte, who's now at safety.
- Giorgio Tavecchio is the No. 1 kicker over David Seawright.
- Syd'Quan Thompson is the No. 1 punt returner; Jahvid Best will return kicks.