Thursday, November 10, 2005

Stanford Daily: Cardinal Wants Carroll to Run Up Score

Excerpt from article “Injuries and all, football still surprises us” by Raghav “Apu” Thapar

 

“We want Pete Carroll to run up the score this weekend and send his buddy Harris a demoralized and banged up Cal team. We want Cal quarterback Joseph Ayoob, who has struggled mightily this season, to get sacked and throw five interceptions — leaving him with no confidence in what I hope will be a hostile Stanford stadium. We want Reggie Bush and Lendale White to plow through a talented Cal defense. On the flip side, the Cardinal need Bradford, Mattran and Okwo in the game to have a chance. Given the Cardinal’s performance this year, I would much rather see them face a powerful running team like Cal than an excellent passing team like Oregon. It might just be my desire to finally witness Stanford beat Cal that leaves me so optimistic but I think with a few breaks our way (and we deserve it), we have a shot at a Big Game win and a bowl.   Am I predicting that it will happen? No way. This year’s Cardinal team is way too unpredictable.”

No comments: