Thursday, September 06, 2007

Shelbyville Times-Gazette: DeSean's Move

By Danny Parker

Here is the link.

Last Saturday, California's DeSean Jackson put a move on Tennessee special teamer Adam Myers-White during a 77-yard punt return for a touchdown that brought the Berkeley crowd to their feet.  The Bear faithful should have been enthused, it was quite the display of athletic ability. Get ready to see it over and over.   Jackson should toss a check in the mail to Myers-White thanking him because ESPN will replay the return time and time and time again. I haven't been able to get my fill of SportsCenter lately, but I have already seen it eight times on that channel alone.

Like I have noted to some friends, it looks like Jackson has already earned a seat in New York for the Heisman Trophy presentation. One great highlight sticks in the minds of voters. Remember a similar juke Reggie Bush put on a Fresno State defender during his run at the hardware? Remember the interception Charles Woodson had at Michigan State and his punt return versus Ohio State?   Don't get me wrong, Bush, Woodson and Jackson were/are some of the best college football players in their benchmark seasons. But, it truly is amazing how a split second can do so much for a player in scribbling their names in football history.  Of course I am biased. I grew up, for the most part, in Tennessee and have always followed the Vols. Peyton Manning not winning the award is still an unpunished crime. You can throw the Heisman in the river now for all I care.

 

No comments: