Monday, August 17, 2009

SF Examiner: Training Camp Highlights

By Rob Calonge

I attended my first training camp practice Friday evening.  If there was a word to describe the evening practice, I would have to say that I would pick the word--EFFICIENCY.  I'll get back to that, but let's just say that I could use a little of what Coach Tedford is selling to his team.

Originally, I had planned to meet up with Cal's football PR staff at Haas Pavilion, but the meeting was changed to the stadium where the Bears would be holding their practice.  For some reason, I chose to park at a parking garage near the gymnasium instead of the football field.

By the time I had realized the mistake, I was already hoofing my way up Bancroft, backpack on shoulder.  Let's just say that nothing tells you how old you are or how out of shape you are, as much as making a half-mile trek up a street with a grade of 10 to 20-degrees.

Link to rest of article.

No comments: