Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Daily Cal: Bear Naked: Why Tedford's a Class Act

By Andrew Kim

I think they call it the fundamental attribution error, but I'm not sure.  I did take Psychology 160 last spring, attending a total of six lectures including exams, but like I said, I'm not sure why I'd assumed Cal football coach Jeff Tedford was a good man.  He's a world-class coach, and I figured he'd be a world-class individual. In all its journalistic excellence, that one-sided ESPN piece two years ago -- the one that conveniently left out the positive and, uh, normal details of Tedford's family and upbringing -- did enough not to convince me otherwise.   Today my views on Tedford are a bit more founded but respectful nevertheless. For those who have missed out on the aforementioned segment by the Worldwide Leader in Sports, let this be the convincing halftime reel.

It's a Tuesday night, and I'm sitting through another day in fall camp, a bit more tired than usual from working a 9-to-5 job in the city before walking all the way up the tortuous stairs en route to Memorial Stadium.

Read the entire article here.

No comments: