Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Contra Costa Times: Former DVC lineman Cal-bound

After orally committing in late June to attend UCLA, former Pinole Valley High School and Diablo Valley College offensive lineman Donovan Edwards has de-committed and instead accepted a scholarship offer to play at Cal for the upcoming season.

"Last week Cal called me and let me know they had a scholarship to offer me," said Edwards, who visited the Berkeley campus last weekend. "The visit changed my perception about Cal, and I wanted to become a Bear after that."  Edwards (6-foot-5, 280 pounds) said both coach Jeff Tedford and offensive line coach Jim Michalczik have told him that he'll be given the opportunity to compete for playing time at left tackle. Edwards said he is already on campus and will report for training camp with the rest of the team Sunday.

 

No comments: