Monday, April 13, 2009

SF Examiner: A Golden Bears NFL mock draft

By Rob Calonge

It's that time of year where NFL fans, and college fans who care where their former players end up, get inundated with NFL mock drafts.  For those fans that truly enjoy mock drafts, they can't get enough.  Then there are the fans that get truly tired of reading about everybody's 'guess'.  For those fans, I truly apologize for what I'm about to do.

Here's my disclaimer.  All of the following paragraphs in this article are anything but accurate.  Unlike Mel Kiper, Todd McShay or Mike Mayock, I am in no way a draft guru.  However, as much as their guesses, mine is as good as anybody else.  The simple fact is, even the teams doing the drafting aren't 100% certain as to what they'll do when faced with their picks, let alone what the other teams will do.

So, with all of that said, let me explain how I put this together and made my picks.  First, I take into account the player's ratings as told by other 'experts' on the web.  Secondly, I adjust these ratings based on latest news, what we know about these players, and workout numbers.  Let's face it, ONLY Al Davis knew that Nnamdi Asomugha was a first-round cornerback when he was drafted.  Everyone else looked at him as a safety - and not a highly ranked one at that.  That's why team needs and tendencies will also be accounted for as best as can be.  After the draft, I'll come back to this article and see how I did.  I'm expecting it to be a little humbling so don't get too excited or angry if your opinion differs, though all suggestions and comments are gladly accepted

Link to rest of article.

No comments: