Friday, May 18, 2007

Scout.com: El Camino Star Joins the Bears

By Jim McGill

The Cal commitment train is picking up steam, as the Bears received their second So Cal JC commit in the last week and third commitment in the last two weeks today.

6-2/180 El Camino JC receiver Verran Tucker committed to the Bears this week, joining fellow So Cal JC star Shaun Mohler as new Cal commits this week.  “Cal’s close to home and it’s known for both its academics and the talent of the football team so it was a good fit for me,” said Tucker. It’s also in the Pac 10 so you get to go up against some of the best schools in the nation.  “I sat down and talked to some of my coaches, Coach Duncan and (Head) Coach Featherstone and they felt like it would be a good fit for me, too.”  “Also, I’ve felt real comfortable with the Cal coaches (WR Coach Dan Ferrigno and RB Coach Ron Gould) when they were recruiting me and when they came down today, it was more of the same and I gave them a verbal commitment.

To read the rest of the story, click here.

 

No comments: