Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ESPN: Jason Gibson Commits to Cal

Link.

Monday was a big day for Cal as the Bears locked up Lakewood (Calif.) defensive lineman Todd Barr earlier in the day and then landed Serra (Gardena, Calif.) linebacker Jason Gibson at night.  "I'm a Bear, I'm excited to get this out of the way," Gibson said. "I called up coach [Jeff] Tedford and told him I was ready to be a Bear and I could tell he was real excited too. Cal just felt right to me and I've been leaning there since the spring. In fact, I was close to committing there before the season started but I decided I wanted to take some visits first.  "I liked Oregon a lot too, that was a cool visit but Cal was just the best fit for me. I like the academics, I like the defense and I think the 3-4 scheme fits me really well. Some schools liked me as a defensive end because I can rush the passer but size wise, I think linebacker is the best position for me and at Cal, I'll get the best of both worlds. I'll be able to play linebacker and still rush the passer."

No comments: