Friday, May 08, 2009

SF Examiner: Longshore and Williams still hoping for a shot at the NFL

By Rob Calone

Due to a sore back and a couple of aching wrists, I've been noticeably absent this week.  And for that, I apologize.  I'm back and will be pounding the keyboard at a furious pace for the foreseeable future.  I thought that I'd start off by catching up with some of the things going on with the NFL hopefuls from Cal.

You may or may not have seen Jonathan Okanes' update on Nate Longshore.  For those of you that didn't, Longshore didn't get a contract with the Dolphins over the weekend.

I spoke with Longshore's agent, Erik Berkhardt, by phone and he told me the same thing that he told Okanes: They're hopeful that the Dolphins will bring Longshore back during the summer for a shot at being the fourth quarterback on the roster.

Sources at the Dolphins mini-camp reported that Longshore was erratic on his throws and had trouble with accuracy.  Hopefully, for Longshore, the Dolphins brass chalks that up to 'rookie jitters'.  As of now, I'm not hearing of a better situation than Miami for the former Cal QB.

Link to rest of story.

No comments: